Monday, June 11, 2018

Twitter CEO Apologizes For Eating Politically Incorrect Chicken

This is obviously liek SUPER problematistic and NOT OKAY because the personal is political and lunch is like the MOST SUPER POLITICAL meal of the day! Eating politically incorrect poultry is hate eating, fascist! I can't believe this, like, super double-Nazi got away with a mere apology! That is so white privilege or white supremacy or whatever. Something white, anyway. If lunch and chicken and eating weren't all total social constructions, that guy'd be in real trouble, you betcha.

(For the record, I eat at Chik-Fil-A about once a week during the semester because it's on-campus, it's fast, and it's pretty damn good. We don't so much agree, me and Chik-Fil-A, about same-sex marriage. But we agree about how to make a good chicken sandwich which, as it turns out, is mostly what I'm looking for in a fast-food establishment.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's easy to snark about, but which are stronger status signals these days: having read classic literature or ordering free range chicken at a farm to table restaurant (or play the inverse, a low GPA or eating at McDonald's)? Food is incredibly tied to status right now; and it is in no way to the credit of our current culture. Human capital is worthless, in-group signaling is supreme.

Also the most political meal is obviously brunch. Because everyone knows the patriarchy is smashed with eggs benedict and day-drinking.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Critical Spirits said...

"I'm sorry fellow progressives, my white privilege got the best of me...how much should I donate to Planned Parenthood in order to make this all better?"

8:00 AM  
Blogger Aa said...

I won't eat at Chik-Fil-A even though it's on campus. I refuse to enrich (ever so slightly) a douche who believes it is alright to discriminate against other people. I don't consider myself PC...but I do have limits.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AA that is ridiculous. If your limit is not enriching some guy by whatever fraction of a sandwich actually reaches his pockets then you are most definitely PC. As PC as people who boycott Disney world because they have gay days, or Whole Foods because the owner is libertarian. If money = morality, and you value your unsullied soul, you would do much better forswearing electronics and refusing to contribute to child slavery in africa and forces labor in asia.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home