Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Lefties Flip Their Shit At Kennedy's Retirement Announcement

link
I'd have been freaking out a bit myself a year ago. But, hey, Gorsuch seems to have been a pretty good pick. And the unhinging of the left has made me very worried about who the Dems might nominate next time around. So, given a choice between (a) another justice picked by the guy who picked Gorsuch and (b) a justice picked by the x such that x is nominated by the Dems in 2020...well, hell...hard as it is for me to believe, I think I'd choose (a). And Kennedy seems to feel the same way.
   So...so long as Roe isn't threatened...I guess I'm strangely un-bummed by this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pete Mack said...

Huh? Roe isn't threatened? And I am having a hard time understanding how Gorsuch is a 'pretty good pick.' Compared to what?

12:51 AM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

I'm having a hard time understanding how Gorsuch is anything *other* than a pretty good pick.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Aa said...

Of course Roe is threatened, there are at least three suits in the Federal system challenging it (or parts of it). Gorsuch a good pick? Based on what metric? He throws out precedent, goes hard right on every decision (that I've read, I haven't looked at all of them)...the guy has no swing vote in him.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2017/01/31/neil-gorsuch-fortunately/?utm_term=.c3a1dd3a6253

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home