Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Chelsea Manning To Run For U.S. Senate In Maryland

[incredulous stare]

Whelp, dude's got balls, I'll give him that.
   See, most people who betrayed their country and then got a completely undeserved commutation...they'd disappear from sight and spend the rest of their born(e?) days avoiding the public eye.
   Not Manning, though!
   I trust this is not something we really have to worry about...is it? Because, honestly, I'm not sure how much more abject political absurdity I can take right now.
   Maybe the 2020 election will be Trump/Cheney versus an Oprah Winfrey / Bill Nye the Science Guy ticket, with Manning in the Senate and...oh, hell, maybe the Newtron Bomb will head back to the House to physically burn down the capitol and salt the ****er ****ing earth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aa said...

I see it less as betrayal - his intentions in releasing it didn't appear to be to harm the US - but more as being a whistle blower to actions that should not have been taking place. FWIW

11:03 AM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Yeah, if I don't watch myself, I start thinking of Manning as like a little Snowden...when, actually, so far as I can tell, you're right, and Manning does seem to have been motivated, at least in part, to get some information out to the press that maybe *should* have been gotten out.

I need to go back and read about that stuff again. I think my grip on the details is slipping.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home