Wednesday, August 23, 2017

California: $1,000 / 1 Year in Prison For Failure To Speak In Accordance With Transgender Ideology

This is utterly insane.
   Another thing that's insane is that we live at a time such that I'm expected to profess my good will by clearly saying: I'm not advocating being intentionally mean to people. Hell, I'm not even saying that one should never going out of one's way to do loony things that make others feel better. I'm not speaking to those things at all. I'm only saying what I'm saying: that it's insane to try to enforce this sort of thing by law. The theory itself is cray enough. You can't change your sex by saying you have (and: pronouns like 'he' and 'she' indicate sex, not "gender.") And you simply cannot legally mandate that people must say false things. And you can't legally mandate that people must use English incorrectly. And you can't legally mandate that people must adopt the modes of expression favored by loony, extremist cultural fads. It would be insane enough to try to jail someone for repeatedly calling someone by the wrong name as a form of harassment...but it's about an order of magnitude more insane to try to punish them for, e.g., just electing not to use someone's name at all
   This crazy really is just off the scale. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home