Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Trump's Charlottesville Press Conference 3

[3]
(CROSSTALK)
TRUMP: They don't. They don't.
(CROSSTALK)
TRUMP: How about a couple of...
(CROSSTALK)
TRUMP: How about a couple of infrastructure questions?
(CROSSTALK)
QUESTION: Mr. Trump, was it terrorism, that event? Was that terrorism?
TRUMP: Say, what?
QUESTION: The CEO of Walmart said you missed a (inaudible) opportunity to help bring the country together. Did you?
TRUMP: Not at all. I think the country – look, you take a look. I've created over a million jobs since I'm president. The country is booming. The stock market is setting records. We have the highest employment numbers we've ever had in the history of our country.
We're doing record business. We have the highest levels of enthusiasm. So the head of Walmart, who I know is a very nice guy, was making a political statement. I mean...
(CROSSTALK)
TRUMP: ... it the same way. And you know why? Because I want to make sure when I make a statement that the statement is correct. And there was no way – there was no way of making a correct statement that early.
I had to see the facts, unlike a lot of reporters – unlike a lot of reporters...
   Again with the I needed to collect evidence thing, which I'm still not buying. Then some economy stuff, which I tend to deride in such contexts...but may actually be important...
   Did he "miss an opportunity to bring the country together"? I guess he obviously did...but was it an honest failure, or because he was playing footsie with white supremacists? Well, that's what's at issue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home