Wednesday, November 09, 2016

A World-Historical Disaster?

   Normally, I'd wait this out until the bitter end...but I rarely sleep, and I didn't sleep last night, and I'm just too drained emotionally and otherwise to stay up any longer. The good guys are behind in MI and WI, and just slipped behind in PA.
   So it looks like the American people are going to elect a pathetic, idiotic, no-account, piece of shit, sexual-assaultin' con man to the office that has been occupied by Washington, buy Jefferson, by Madison, by Lincoln.
   This will be the second actor the GOP has managed to put into the White House in my lifetime. This one makes the last one look like a genius. At least Reagan was avuncular and kinda likable if you didn't pay too much attention. And he may very well have had something to do with the fall of the Soviet Union... Now they've descended to the level of not just television, but "reality" television. We'll be lucky to get out of this one without a nuclear war.
   If Trumpo the Clown does win--God help us--one good thing that will come out of it, I suppose, is that the last vestiges of American exceptionalism will be slapped out of me. It's starting to dawn on me that we're just as stupid and shitty as, y'know, a normal country...
   We aren't officially the laughingstock of the world yet...but by God we sure seem to be barreling unstoppably down the tracks in that direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home