Sunday, September 11, 2016

Heterodox Academy: Visions of the Academy in 2025

   I'm certainly not in agreement with all the suggestions here...  I'm not even sure that I'm down with the HDX's main mission statement about increasing "viewpoint diversity" in the academy. I'm not against it...but I tend to want something rather less activist and ambitious: I want less liberal and leftist bias in the academy. Liberals could accomplish this by living up to their principles--and, e.g., standing up to political correctness and the "social justice warriors." And they could be better about keeping their political proclivities from interfering with their teaching and scholarship...
   But, anyway, I'm very, very glad that Heterodox Academy exists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home