Sunday, June 12, 2016

Orlando Shooting Predictions

   I just glanced at the news before getting to work this morning, at which time there were rumors of 20 dead. I just got back from a trail run to see reports of 50 dead and 50 wounded. But I haven't had the heart to dive into the reports and analysis yet.
   Predictions here are easy:
   The right will generally say: this tells us that Islam/Muslims are bad, but it tells us nothing about firearms.
   The left will generally say: this tells us that firearms are bad, but it tells us nothing about Islam/Muslims.
   (Special case: feminists will generally say: this tells us that men and firearms are bad, but it tells us nothing about Islam/Muslims.)
   I don't know what it tells us...but I do know enough to ignore people who interpret evidence selectively so that it always and only shows what they want it to show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home