Wednesday, September 16, 2015

R U Ready for the GOP Debate?????? It's TRUMPTASTIC! Or: Wait...Jim Gilmore is Running?

   Molly Ball at The Atlantic says Gilmore is kinda running...who knew? We didn't even know that here in the OD! You'd think we'd know... And also: Perry dropped out!  Is that true? I thought he was just going to...but I didn't know that he did... Cain't keep track of them daggum 'Pubs without like a diagram or somethin'...
   Johnny Quest is psyched! I am psyched! I am going to get like super high and WATCH THIS THING!!!!  I thought I was watching it like three days ago but it turned out to be Pacific Rim... Like...totally different thing! But not, y'know, totally...
   Which gives me an idea to rate the GOP candidates on the Pacific Rim category system...like...Rubio is a Category 1 GOP candidate... The country could probably survive him with minor damage. Fiorina is like Category 2...she probably wouldn't do irreparable damage. But the Trumpnado is...like...a CATEGORY FIVE GOP candidate...total. Destruction. Of . The. Country. Including the very idea of America...which may already be destroyed by the very fact that a Trump Presidency has a non-zero probability of occurring...
   Speaking of Pacific Rim...that's one of the few relatively recent flicks I say in the theater...and I wasn't impressed. It actually pretty much sucks. Like so many summer blockbusters, it's got an eleventy-billion-dollar special effects budget and a two-dollar-and-fifty-cent script. I think they're going for an overwrought Japanese feel there... But it's got great colors and pretty damn good monster fights, and I've recently found myself watching it a couple of times when I've run across it on t.v... It's kinda like The Mummy in that respect: not that good, but with serious t.v. staying power...
   Anyway...the Republicans. Um. Yeah, man...I'm totally going to watch that shitshow. 
   Saints preserve us...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home