Friday, July 25, 2014

Impeachment Fever--Catch It!: 57% Of Republicans Have Gone Insane Edition

So...has half of half of the two parties in our two-party system has gone crazy?

I mean...I guess 'Obama deserves impeachment' is no crazier than 'evolution is false' or 'anthropogenic climate change is impossible' or 'Obama was born in Kenya'...  So I guess there's really nothing too new here...

...but damn...

As I often do--and no, I don't know why--when I travel, I watched a bit of Fox News last week.

It's so crazy over there that it's actually a little scary. It's like a window into an alternate dimension or something. When I flipped it on last weekend, there was one of the Fox lunatics spewing incoherent vitriol against Obama, basically asserting (and I'm not making this up) that the world has never been this chaotic, and it's all BHO's fault...with a picture of a Buk missile launcher in the background. He didn't say that Obama was responsible for MH 17 being shot down...but that seemed to be one clear implication of the rant.

I seriously wonder whether or democracy can survive the combination of (a) gullible, semi-informed, semi-extremist rage and (b) a massive corporation dedicated to fueling the flames of anger and insanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home