Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hairston Suspended

A few days after having been cleared of charges in the weed-and-gun incident, Hairston was stopped for driving 93 in a 65 mph zone.

Now he's suspended.

He's our most valuable player, and this is already going to be a really tough year...

And I know that college sports holds out many temptations for kids...

And I think that people deserve a second chance...

But what we seem to have here is a pattern.

The program is not primarily about winning, and no individual player is more important than the program overall.

Needless to say, I don't know what Roy knows, and I don't have his wisdom with respect to such issues...

But--though it pains me to say this--my view is: dump him.

It seems like it's been nothing but bad luck for the Heels since Creighton fouled Marshall with...um...excessive exuberance...breaking his wrist and effectively ending our season in '12. In fact, even the pre-wrist-break '11-'12 season was plagued by some ridiculously bad luck...

Ah, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home