Monday, June 10, 2013

Cohen: Cold-Hearted Liberals Have Abandoned Syria

Link

If not for Iraq, I probably would have been advocating for intervention in Syria. I'm not advocating it, however. Not, contra Cohen, out of cold-heartedness, but, rather, because I don't think it's something we can reasonably try to do. It is yet another opportunity cost ot the Iraq debacle. We exhausted our military, our treasury, our credibility, and our moral authority in Iraq. There are all sorts of things that we can't reasonably do, and in my (eminently fallible and changeable) view, intervening in Syria is one of them. I'd be happy if we could do it; but I don't think we can.

Also: we're not the only democracy with a strong military. We're not the only country that could, theoretically, do something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home