Sunday, November 04, 2012

Fever Swamp Anthropology: Townhall/Doug Giles

Dig down just a bit, and the fever swamps get even more feverish and fetid.


Here, randomly selected, is some dude who refers to himself as "the Big Dawg" at some winger site, and as:

"...this God- and country-loving rebel."

Hoo boy.

Quoth said "Dawg":

"At the cigar bar I frequent in Miami, my brothers who voted for Obama in ‘08 are finished with him."

Really? "At the cigar bar I frequent..." Really?

Is it just me, or does this guy seem to be trying a bit too hard to portray a certain image? Maybe it is just me. Dude is obviously on a different wavelength.

Oh and Mr. Dawg has also written a book, the title of which seems to be Raising Boys Feminists Will Hate.

Um. I have my own rather serious disagreements with academic feminism--e.g. over its embrace of so-called "standpoint epistemology," and its political radicalism. But something tells me that Mr. Dawg's disagreements are of a rather different kind...

Reading Townhall really is like peering into bizarro world. It starts out amusing...but then it gets downright creepy.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home