Sunday, November 04, 2012

Fever Swamp Anthropology: Townhall/Doug Giles

Dig down just a bit, and the fever swamps get even more feverish and fetid.

Link

Here, randomly selected, is some dude who refers to himself as "the Big Dawg" at some winger site, and as:


"...this God- and country-loving rebel."

Hoo boy.

Quoth said "Dawg":

"At the cigar bar I frequent in Miami, my brothers who voted for Obama in ‘08 are finished with him."

Really? "At the cigar bar I frequent..." Really?

Is it just me, or does this guy seem to be trying a bit too hard to portray a certain image? Maybe it is just me. Dude is obviously on a different wavelength.

Oh and Mr. Dawg has also written a book, the title of which seems to be Raising Boys Feminists Will Hate.

Um. I have my own rather serious disagreements with academic feminism--e.g. over its embrace of so-called "standpoint epistemology," and its political radicalism. But something tells me that Mr. Dawg's disagreements are of a rather different kind...

Reading Townhall really is like peering into bizarro world. It starts out amusing...but then it gets downright creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home