Monday, March 19, 2012

Dirty Fouls by Creighton?
Roy's View

Roy was asked about it on the Roy Williams show.

Summary below:

1. Echinique's double-forearms to Zeller's face

Me: Flagrant foul

Roy: Flagrant foul
But...Roy: I know the kid, he's a good kid.

I was: right.

2. Gibbs (#10) slaps Henson's wrist, Henson is T'd up, 10 winks at the bench

Me: He's not winking b/c he was trying to hurt him. He's winking b/c he got him T'd up. He's still an assh*le.

Roy: He's not winking b/c he was trying to hurt him. He's winking b/c he got him T'd up.

But...Roy says "I wouldn't do something like that...but Michael Jordan would, and I love the ground he walks on."

I was: half right.

3. 34's foul against Kendall

Me: Dirty. Not going for the ball, shoving Kendall while he's in the air.

Roy: "When I saw it I thought 'Gosh, I wish he hadn't hit him that hard'"...but not dirty. He shoved him, but you've got to do something with your off hand, and it just kind of goes up.

In fact, Roy said, I can't tell you how many times I've told Kendall, "if you're going to foul somebody, you can't let them score, too; you've got to foul them." You can't, he said, give them love pats.

I was: wrong, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home