Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Case For Enhancing People

Ronald Bailey, The New Atlantis.

Early on, he gives concise refutations of many terrible arguments against e.g. radically increasing the human life span. Haven't gotten to his positive case yet, but was afraid I'd forget to post...so here it is.

Personally, I think that there's a significant chance that such "enhancement" will be part of the equation that leads us into disaster, as my guess is that lifespans will begin increasing significantly before we figure out how to lower birth rates sufficiently. In my book, though, that's just another argument for addressing the birth-rate problem now, and not later. But my guesses are worth virtually nothing, as I hope we all realize...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home