Monday, May 10, 2010

Template For Discussion of a Philosophical Problem by a Scientist

Ha ha! Philosophers are so foolish and stupid for discussing [name/describe issue]! It is an absurd problem that is not even a problem, and is easily solved! [Mention empiricism here.] It is extremely obvious that the answer is [insert sophomoric answer normally debunked in PHIL 101 here.]! I only had PHIL 101, though I did not pay attention, and see how I have solved this problem?! Philosophers would realize they are foolish and stupid if they were not foolish and stupid! What has taken philosophers 2500 years to understand could be done by scientists over beers in one evening! I could solve all of the problems of philosophy in, like, a week, max, if I deigned to think about it that long! But I have better things to do because I am a scientist! Foolish, stupid philosophers!

[Joshua--this does not mean you!]

4 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

No offence taken. I've heard exactly the sort of thing you're talking about, too. ;)

For my part, I've always suspected that there is something to philosophy, it's just that only the obviously bullshit stuff that actually filters down to the public. Presumably because the real stuff requires actual work to understand.

2:26 PM  
Blogger The Mystic said...

I <3 this blog.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Aww...

4:32 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

This comic struck me as somewhat apropos: http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1879

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home