Saturday, May 01, 2010

Homemade Pop Tarts

I frequently complain to JQ about the fact that it's so hard to get really good sugary cereal anymore, and the same goes for pop tarts. I mean, Cocoa Puffs, for example, really went downhill when they took the powdered sugar off of them. I understand why it's better for kids and all that, but why can't we have grown-up, full-strength Cocoa Puffs? Maybe you have to show your i.d. to buy 'em or whatever.

And another thing: when I was a kid, there were these like alternative Pop Tarts by like Nabisco or something. No chocolate fudge, just like strawberry or whatever, but they were pretty dang good...or seemed to be to my youthful palate. Um, anyway, what I want is the ability to purchase really good pop tarts, even if they cost more. (Not that I haven't eaten like 10,000 regular pop tarts, because I certainly have.)

Well, anyway, here's something cool: homemade pop tarts!

Perhaps I'll learn to bake...

(via Metafilter, where you can find how to make other homemade stuff like peanut butter cups and so forth)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about the contents, but the packaging on Count Chocula, Frankenberry, and Booberry recently got an redesign, and its really good. It's so good I considered buying a box, even though the only sweet cereal I ever liked is Cookie Crisp.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home