Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Air Force One Flyover

Uh...man, this is one of those things I just don't get.

I don't have any inclination to defend Obama if he does something stupid...but the outrage about this flyover business I just do not get. I mean, sure, most of it seems to be either a knee-jerk reaction of or manufactured by the wingnut anti-Obama brigade, and that's annoying. But how is it that Obama was supposed to know about this exactly?

And, uh, were people on the ground seeing what we were seeing on tape? Because if they were, then they thought that "the terrorists" had taken over Air Force One. And if they weren't, then at least they were seeing that there was an F-16 flying next to the plane. Not trailing it, not shooting it down before it gets to NYC, but basically flying in formation with it.

I know it's easy to be calm when you're sitting at home watching the tape, but this just didn't look scary to me. Air Force One flying in a big, lazy pattern with an F-16 alongside... I dunno, man. Maybe you just had to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home