Monday, October 29, 2007

A Giant Tangle of Ignorance and Biases

Ever have one of those days when something clicks, and you more-or-less suddenly get a little perspective on yourself and you think "my God, I'm just a big bundle of stubbornly entrenched beliefs, habitual patterns of thought, prejudices, preconceptions and ignorance!!!"???

Well, I've been having one of those days for the past two months or so, and it's really killing my buzz, man. Sometimes I think my view of things is so fossilized that I wouldn't know the truth if it bit me on the ass and gave me its business card.

[Skepticism warning siren sounds in the distance. Somewhere, a raccoon juggles.]

4 Comments:

Blogger The Mystic said...

Every once in a while, I think the intelligence voltage running through your brain blows a fuse, and you go all emo-skeptic on us until you find a replacement.

And even then it's only a matter of time..

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'd all be better off if more people had more days like that. The trouble is, it's usually the thoughtful people who have those days and rarely the ones who could really use it.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

It's also an occupational hazard...

5:20 PM  
Blogger Random Michelle K said...

I constantly question many of my beliefs, so it might actually be nice, for a change, to know what I thought about something (other than the idiocy of Bush) without having to stop and consider, or to preface my response with, "well, yes and no..."

There's something to be said for NOT wandering around all the time wondering what you really believe.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home