Sunday, March 20, 2005

Still in Denial

I was wondering the other day whether anyone out there still really believed that the administration didn't cook the evidence about WMDs. Then I ran across this, an alleged refutation of my latest thing on Krauthammer. That post of mine isn't very good, incidentally--in case you haven't noticed--but the Cuanas post doesn't demonstrate that. It's a rubber arrow. Anyway, my favorite parts:

1. The suggestion that there's something funny about thinking about international affairs over Spring break. (Hmm...maybe that is kinda funny, come to think of it...)

and

2. The suggestion that the following two propositions are incompatible:

(a) The Administration cooked the evidence about WMDs
and
(b) France and Germany thought that Saddam had WMDs.

Egad, even France and Germany thought so?!?!?!?! For the record, I thought that Saddam had WMDs, and still recognized that the administration was cooking the evidence... In fact, I remember saying to one of my colleagues "There is no doubt in my mind that he's got 'em, and I still think they [i.e. members of the administration] are lying [about the evidence]."

Anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home