Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Shorter William Kristol

Some people think that The Onion is the most entertaining publication of our time. Well, The Onion is great, but it's no Weekly Standard. I used to think that TWS was supposed to be a serious publication, so you can understand the frustration I felt when I tried to read it. When it finally dawned on me that it was a kind of obscure, dry, inside-the-beltway joke parodying conservatism, reading it became much more enjoyable. Consider, for example, the latest effort by William Kristol, titled, ISYN, "The Last Refuge." Now, you might be tempted to go read it, but let me just give you the Busy, Busy, Busy version:

In order to combat the substancelessness and cynical hyper-patriotism exhibited in Kerry's acceptance speech, we must all vote for George W. Bush.

The mind, it reels...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home