Saturday, March 27, 2004

Anti-Bush Protesters Assault Bush Supporters in Boston
(via Instapundit)

Well, like the header says. One of the victims was conservative blogger Matt Margolis. This is appalling. Sometimes I simply can't believe people. Democrats, Kerry supporters and anti-Bushies need to condemn this in the strongest terms. We have very little control over what Republicans and Bushies do, but we have at least a tiny bit of control over what our side does. Perhaps Senator Kerry should give our side a good talking-to...

Yes, of course I undestand it's an isolated incident. Yes, I also understand that this is something that is more often associated with the right and the very far left than the liberal center. Blah, blah, blah. Frankly, I have no time for anyone who is inclined to make such arguments. We're the God-damned good guys--or have we forgotten that? WE DO NOT DO THINGS LIKE THIS. We should have a lower tolerance for this sort of thing, especially in those with whom we associate politically. We don't do such things and we do our best not to associate with people who do. If somebody on our side acts like this, we tell 'em to stop or get the Hell out. We must have a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of political violence. I'd rather have Bush re-elected than see our side tolerate this kind of thing. I've got to tell you, if I were to see this kind of thing happen, a large can of extra-strength whup-ass(tm) would be opened forthwith, and its contents directed at the Democratic perpetrators. This is a human rights abuse--minor, perhaps, in the cosmic scheme of things, but that's what it is, and, as any liberal hawk should recognize, those who are capable have an obligation to intervene to protect the innocent. Though contra Insty, sounds like the the Bushies acquitted themselves well, and good for them. I hope some of those anti-Bush thugs are nursing black eyes and contusions today.

I, for one, am e-mailing Mr. Margolis to apologize--insofar as that is within my power--for the actions of the thugs and morons who have associated themselves with my political cause. A quick look around his site suggests that I disagree with him about just about everything--and so will most of you. But if you think that matters, then you are currently reading the wrong blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home