Tuesday, January 20, 2004

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is Perle a nut?

Something really amazing from CalPundit via Josh Marshall. Non-conclusive--yet non-trivial--evidence that Richard Perle really IS out of touch with reality. Go read it!



You know, I sorta contemplated joining the Mujahadeen once... [key hazy, swirly screen effects and flashback music]

It was back in college, and I was at the mock UN. (So I'm--er, was--a geek. What about it?) In addition to the gee...er, delegates, there was a college-aged contingent from the Mujahadeen...real ones. One member of the delegation was a girl--approximately the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I mean, just stunning...exotic...wow...I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She had the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. Either she was some kind of princess or something or I made that part up. Anyway, all I knew about the Mujahadeen at the time was that they were fighting to get the Soviets out of their country, and the thing I cared most about at the time was toppling the Soviet Union. Next to sex, of course. But anyway. While I was supposed to be representing the people of pseudo-Yugoslavia (Pseudoslavia?), I was, instead, having these Star-Wars-esque fantasies about going to Afghanistan and becoming one of the Mujahadeen, defeating the evil empire, saving the country, and winning the adoration of this amazing possibly princess...

But I didn't, of course. Which is a good thing in retrospect, now that I know about the religious fanaticism.

And the cornholing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home