Monday, November 17, 2003

:
:Ted Rall: Not Smart:
:
This is a really stupid column. I thought it was a joke at first, but then I remembered the other absurd things I'd read from this guy. I've never taken him seriously; I sort of thought no one did. But go check out the Right-wing sites (e.g. Instapundit); they can't quit talking about him. I think there are elements here relevant to some of my conjectures about civility in political discourse. (Maybe 2, 4, and 6? 6 because Rall is mostly a cartoonist, so, at least to some extent, an entertainer.)

An obvious strategic point: if liberals embrace Rall, then they open themselves up to attacks from the right.

The important point: If liberals embrace Rall, then they embrace a nut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home