Saturday, November 08, 2003

The Democratic Memo
If you haven't read the actual text of the memo from the Democratic member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, then go do it here. I first heard Republican outrage about this, and only later read the actual memo. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing nefarious about it. It seems to outline a strategy for responding to Republican attempts to hide intelligence data. I guess it's ridiculous, but I continue to be stunned by the mendacity of the current Republican leadership (and their corporate media cronies). I'm trying really, really hard to see things from their perspective, and I'm pretty good at that sort of thing, but I'm starting to think that those guys really are completely out of control. This memo business should, I guess, count as another test case. In which case, yet more bullshit points for the right wing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home